After I published my earlier blogpost about Upgrade your Hotmail account to the new Outlook.com I received a question via Twitter if I could tell what happened with @NaomideBoer her upgrade to Outlook.com. She didn’t only wanted her inbox to be upgraded to the new Outlook.com look, but she also wanted to change her e-mail address to something new.
I also tried the ‘Rename your e-mail address’ procedure and it worked just fine. This easily can occur when there have ben some hick ups in the renaming proces, or we just used a slightly different method…
- Step 1 : Go to http://mail.live.com (or http://www.outlook.com) and logon with your current Microsoft Account (read: Hotmail address or Windows Live ID)
- Step 2 : Click on the radar-button and select More mail settings.
- Step 3: Click on Rename your email address.
- Step 4 : Enter your new e-mail (Microsoft Account) and, if you wish, select something other then Outlook.com and press Save
- Step 5 : You’re automatically logged out. Enter your new credentials and press Sign in.
- Step 6 : After you’re logged in you will be asked where you want old e-mail to be delivered. You can choose to create a new folder, or let it be delivered in your Inbox.
After that click Done or click Skip this step right away.
You’re e-mail address has been migrated from @hotmail.com to @outlook.com.